Topic: Washington, DC
Federal Government: Financial Management Services- Senior Manager
Verdi Consulting, Inc.(EOE) – Washington, DC
Annual Salary: $110,000 - $145,000 plus generous benefits
Job Type: Full-Time
Must have 8+ years Agency Level Federal Financial Statement Hands-On Recent Experience
Local Candidate only. There is no relocation assistance available.
Please send resume only to: [email protected], Attention: Taris Jordania, HR Manager
Questions accepted. Please call: 703-584-7969
Verdi Consulting, Inc. is an accounting, management consulting and enterprise solutions firm focused exclusively on serving the US Federal Government. We seek a Senior Manager to join our Financial Management Services practice made of a team of high-performing, experienced subject matter experts, who are driven by a sense of excellence and integrity, working with professionals and resources to deliver excellent services to our federal clients.
This position will be responsible for the technical delivery and supervision of staff to complete and deliver the preparation, compilation of federal financial statements and associated analytical reporting deliverables. The Senior Manager will direct and manage the work of financial management analysts and federal accountant advisory staff, from Associate Accountant/Analyst I to Supervising Senior Accountant/Analyst III. As a highly qualified Senior Manager, we will rely on you to provide Federal financial management advisory/support services to Federal clients.
You will supervise a team to prepare and deliver compiled A-136 compliant Department and Agency Federal financial statements and footnotes, along with the financial analysis required to produce reports and deliverables. You will have direct client contact on an on-going basis. In this capacity, you will lead and serve as the senior accounting expert interpreting, analyzing and assessing impact of federal accounting standards and management policy impacting our federal executive clients. Other responsibilities include:
· Develops work plan, schedules, and coordination among team to meet client/contract deliverable deadlines. Monitors progress against schedules, budgets, project/task deliverables and status reporting. Exercising delegated administrative, technical and managerial authority to a set of long range work plans and schedules for all staffEnsure that services are provided in an efficient and timely manner; that all administrative matters are handled appropriately; manages significant program/technical support operations and ensure adherence to accounting standards.
· Provide overall management direction, counsel, and processing management direction to senior leadership and conducting or directing special studies and analyses needed to evaluate current financial management practices.
· Ensure deliverables, policies and programs confirm to generally accepted accounting principles that meet the general requirements of the Government Accounting Office (GAO), Office of Management and Budget (OMB), Department of the Treasury, Federal regulations and Agency mission.
· Develop and execute technical approaches and staffing budgets and deadlines for client.
The highly qualified candidate should possess:
· Bachelor’s degree or Master’s degree in Accounting or similar major required
· CPA is required and additionally a PMP, CGFM, or CFE is preferred
· Big Four or similar management experience preferred.
· Required A minimum of eight years specialized federal accounting experience, with at least two years’ experience of managing financial statement preparation and compilation engagements for a federal agency;
· Strong command of OMB A-136, A-11, USSGL , OMB and Treasury reporting Guidelines
· Experience with Federal funds: General, Trust, Receipt and Working Capital funds: Preferred
· Experience with Oracle Federal financial or major Federal financial systems:
· Proficient in the use of Microsoft Excel including lookups and pivot tables
· Proactive person with the ability to react with a sense of urgency and manage conflicting priorities, communicate effectively and to take ownership of work
· OMB A-136 Compliance Federal financial statement compilation experience required
· Demonstrated supervisory experience, excellent project management skills and advanced leadership and communication skills required;
· Ability to develop and execute technical approaches and staffing budgets and deadlines for federal financial statement preparation and review; Exercising delegated administrative, technical and managerial authority to a set of long range work plans and schedules for all employees
· Strong track record of building and sustaining client relationships;
We offer a competitive compensation package that rewards performance and value you bring to the business. Our generous compensation package includes medical and dental coverage, pension and 401(k) plans, a minimum of three weeks of vacation plus ten observed holidays, and a range of programs and benefits designed to support you. We offer training and career development, opportunities to develop new skills and progress your career and networking and peer development opportunities