Topic: Toronto, Canada
My client needs a Senior Accountant to join their finance department and take over the major reporting and reconciliation duties. They are growing, medical research and consulting firm in the Greater Toronto Area. The Senior Accountant will be responsible for heading the finance department and reporting directly to the CFO and CEO. We need a professional with inherent leadership qualities and the attention to detail necessary to ensure timely and accurate reporting in all areas. The successful applicant will have a basic service-based company knowledge and will have prior experience with QuickBooks Pro and SRED.
This position is a "hands-on" role with all aspects maintaining the general ledger and preparing accurate and timely month end reports and financial statements.
· Prepare accurate, timely financial statements in accordance with our established policies and schedules
· Maintains general ledger, monthly account reconciliations and summarizes financial results by collecting information; preparing balance sheet, profit and loss, and other financial reports.
· Review asset, liability, revenue, and expenses by compiling and analyzing account information.
· Prepare annual budget and forecasts
· Cash Management and treasury duties including preparing weekly cash flows, bank lines and credit cards
· Prepare payroll including oversight of time and attendance system
· Timely and accurate filing of all statutory filings including HST, Payroll & Tax Remittance
· Prepare schedules to support SRED filing
· Ensure appropriate system and internal controls are implemented and maintained.
· Process accounts payable
· Invoice clients and collect accounts receivable,
· Other duties as assigned by the CEO or CFO.
Skills and Qualifications:
· Bachelor’s Degree or certificate in accounting
· 5+ years’ experience in accounting
· Experience with computerized ledger systems such as QuickBooks Pro and advanced knowledge of Excel
· Strong problem solving and analytical skills
· Ability to function well in a team-oriented environment
· Strong financial control background with demonstrated problem solving and analytical skills
· Excellent organization and time management skills with the ability to multi-task
· Excellent oral and communication skills